A place for artists to connect, learn & share...
What is the Arts & Health Hub?
The Hub is a collective of artists working in or interested in the field of arts and health. Run by artist Daniel Regan, the Hub currently has 2 main elements:
- a monthly peer group that takes place at arts & wellbeing organisation the Free Space Project (London, UK) where members can meet up to share works, ideas, and pool resources to further develop their creative and professional practice.
- an online forum for artists to share resources, gain feedback on their works, and support one another through a peer supportive platform that encourages development in a safe place.
The Hub began as a side-project from Daniel’s website fragmentary.org, where he interviews photographers working in mental health. The peer group started in 2015 and continues to develop based on research and feedback into what artists working in this field would like and need.
How do I get involved?
The Hub is designed for people that work in or are interested in the field of arts and health in their own practice. Broadly speaking the Hub is for people:
- Creating personal work about their lived experiences;
- Creating socially engaged artwork with the broad aims of improving wellbeing;
- Interested in getting into the field of arts & health but aren’t sure where to start and need some support;
- Working in the arts and health field and want to develop, as well as support others.
The Hub is open to artists of all backgrounds, disciplines, experiences and stages in their practice or career. Our aim is to connect with one another, learn from one another and share with one another. The Hub is not a place to sign up, share your work and disappear. It’s an on-going commitment to work collaboratively and collectively to lift one another up.
Our online forum is a new addition to run alongside our monthly artist peer group. The forum is a place for artists to connect with one another, share opportunities (we’re all in this together!), but also gain feedback on work or difficulties we may be facing.
The forum is invite only for now. This is so that the collective can grow slowly and maintain a family feeling. The forum is a place for people to feel safe to share questions, learn from one another, and provide reciprocated peer support.
If you’d like to join the forum please do get in touch and Daniel will get back to you.
Artist Peer Group
Our free monthly peer group is for artists and those working or interested in arts & health to discuss and further their artistic practice. They are run by Daniel Regan and take place at the Free Space Project (London, click to open map) on Monday evenings. The monthly meetings offer an opportunity to:
- Share current & upcoming ideas for projects
- Discuss contacts, ideas and networks for exhibitions, talks, workshops etc
- Discuss ways of sharing & exhibiting work
- Have cross-platform discussions, sharing multi-disciplinary ways of working.
… and more. Refreshments (tea, coffee etc) are provided and the meetings are informal. The group is open to emerging and established artists (or curators, producers etc) and is a place to share thoughts, ideas and works in a non-judgemental and open environment. The group is inclusive, built on the notion of sharing, not competing.
Each session is divided into 4 slots for individuals to share their work/ideas for feedback. These are signed up to via a link sent out to the peer group mailing list. You can sign up to the list here. If it’s your first time attending then we ask that you wait until the second visit to present any work or ideas. There is never any pressure to present or give feedback, everyone is welcome to simply attend.
Our next peer group meetings are on:
- June 10th 2019, 6.30pm — 8.30pm (part of Creativity & Wellbeing Week)
If you have any questions please get in touch.
Got a question? Get in touch.
If you would like to join the forum or attend the peer group, or have any questions at all, please do fill out the form and get in touch.